- New volunteers must complete all sections of the Volunteer Information Form and Release and Waiver and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator at least one week prior to their first scheduled volunteer opportunity.
- If an individual is unable to make the day that he/she has signed up for, he/she should contact the Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Volunteers should dress appropriately for the task. Individuals volunteering on the build site or at the ReStore should expect to be working outside and should expect to get dirty. No open-toed shoes are allowed on the build site or the ReStore. Volunteers not dressed properly may be asked to leave.
- Volunteers should arrive on time for their scheduled build day or volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers with any special needs should contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Safety is of the utmost importance on the build site and the ReStore. Volunteers should follow the directions of the Site Leader, Construction Coordinator or supervisor at all times.
- Individuals must not be under the influence of alcohol or any illicit drugs while participating in volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals under the age of 18 should consult the Age Restrictions Guidelines regarding applicable volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals failing to follow the Volunteer Policy may be asked to no longer volunteer.
In order to provide the best volunteer experience possible, our organization reserves the right to amend or update this policy as needed.